To say that 2010 has been challenging would be an understatement.
It has by far been the worst year of my life.
I guess I just have to have faith in the old saying, "whatever doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger" because I learned a lot this year in all the struggles the year presented.
I'm not a person to air my dirty laundry over the internet at all but I will say that I am a person who puts on a happy face and carries on.
Just gotta keep truckin'.
For the kid.
So, I'm starting off 2011 as best I can.
I'm attempting to be more positive although I think I make that a resolution and it never seems to stick.
I'm still working for Craft Critique and it keeps me busy.
I'm also looking for a new full time gig that can support me and the kid but it has been more difficult than I ever imagined.
Perusing Craigslist every day is pretty depressing, either I am over qualified, under qualified for a job that I have already done and had for years or they want someone who will run their entire business for $10/hr.
It's extremely hard to keep the faith but I am still keeping my chin up.
And my family has been amazing, helping to keep the heat on and food on the table for me and the kid, I couldn't be more lucky in that regard.
Last year I reflected on what I had learned in 2009, which was also no picnic toward the end but it had it's definite highlights.
I also made a list in 2005 and I completely still agree with that list.
And it makes me chuckle, I was funny in 2005.
So here's this year's list....
1. Great friends should never be underestimated.
|My birthday, CHA Winter in Long Beach, CA|
2. Bad, upsetting, demeaning, fake friends should be removed from your life immediately and permanently.
3. Losing a family pet is just like losing a member of the family and way harder than I could imagine.
|Neo, left us April 2010|
|The kid won the school Science Fair and here he is at Regionals|
|Dita, adopted May 2010|
|The kid and my new niece Lill, September 2010|
|Little Lill, December 2010|
|The Craft Critique gals, CHA Summer 2010|
13. Morons are morons, there is no reasoning with them.
14. Lists can never be underestimated.
15. My family is way less judging and more helpful than I anticipated, weird.
|Those Mexicans, Thanksgiving 2010|
|The Irish clan, Christmas 2010|
17. Two big puppies are A LOT of work.
|Me with Nasdaq and Dita, November 2010|
19. Having someone who knows how to take a photo take your yearly Christmas family snapshot is important.
|My little family plus my brother's dog that had to get it the shot, sheesh|
20. I'm way tougher than I thought.
So, there it is.
I learned a lot this year and it has not been easy.
But it's life.
And I figure that from where I am now, things can only get better.
So that's what I cling to.
And I am hopeful that 2011 will be my year.