Yep, twenty ten is here.
Or do you say two thousand ten?
Whatever the case I couldn't be happier a new year is upon us.
It's like a clean slate, starting all over, a brand new beginning.
And I am ready for it.
2009 totally sucked.
There, I said it.
And have heard it a lot in the last week on Twitter and Facebook.
Sure, there were a few great things that happened in the year but as a whole, it pretty much stunk.
The year just flew by, working way too much and there were so many sour notes that I am happy to welcome the new.
When I was looking back at the 'ol blog for posts about previous holiday seasons and new year's thoughts, I found it VERY interesting.
I forget how long I've had this thing.
Almost 5 years!!
And I forget how interesting and insightful it is as a journal.
Well, back in 2005, I wrote this about what I had learned that year.
And I thought, "That was a great idea, wish I did that every year".
So I am again this year.
And I HIGHLY recommend it.
So, here it is, the good, the bad and the ugly...
1. Buying a house is not as fun as you would think.
2. Even the best dog can do bad things.
3. Sometimes doing hobbies can feel like more of a chore than a joy.
4. Friends you've never met in real life are sometimes your closest friends.
5. It's never too late, for anything.
6. Puppies are a good substitute for a baby, they sleep in cages.
7. I'd rather a BBQ in our backyard over a restaurant any day.
8. Living together is much easier with more square footage.
9. Parenting a teenager is very frustrating.
10. The kid is way more like me than I ever thought.
11. Sometimes your very best friends aren't who you thought they were.
12. Labeling boxes for a move cannot be underestimated.
13. I'm not married to the most amazing man.
14. Vegas with this same unmarried amazing man is not as much fun as I thought.
15. Sacrifice should never be at the expense of family.
16. Holidays at home are the only way to go.
17. Working at a craft store is one of the best jobs on earth.
18. Working at a craft store is one of the worst jobs on earth.
19. I've missed a lot of my old friends, thanks Facebook.
20. I am one lucky girl to call this my family.
2010 is seriously a new chapter and I am excited for what it will bring.
Hopefully all good stuff. (fingers crossed)
And I'm not making any resolutions this year, is anyone else?