So I got tagged by Noel, actually twice.
I always kinda cringe when I get tagged because I tend to think, who really reads this kinda stuff and actually cares.
But alas, much of my blog is for me, to remember, reflect and jot down ideas about life, experiences. So I do them.
Or at least some of them.
This one is all about your first born experience and as a mommy, I think it is a good look back because although I am not one of those women who pretend they don't remember the pain and agony of birth, the details kinda become a blur after about 10 or so years.
1)Were you married at the time? Nope...I know, so scandalous!
2) What were your reactions? Wha?!!!
3) How old were you? 23
4) How did you find out your were pregnant? Home test, then doc
5) Who did you tell first? My sis
6) Did you want to find out the sex? Absolutely
7) Did you deliver early or late? A week early, the baby wanted to party for New Years Eve
8) Did you have morning sickness? Nighttime sickness
9) What did you crave? Peanut butter and baked clams, but not together
10) Who irritated you the most? No one really irritated me...odd.
11) What was your first child’s sex? boy
12) How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 35 lbs (10 in the last 2 weeks!)
13) Did you have any complications? Had some wackiness right at the end and after delivery, kinda scary but I was on drugs most of the time, good thing!
14) Where did you give birth? Hospital
15) How many hours were you in labor? 24 hours
16) Who drove you to the hospital? My baby daddy who drove like a maniac
17) Was it natural or c-section? C-section, the kid has an enormous head!
18) Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Got an epidural in hour 16, they figured I had suffered enough and they wanted to start the 'ol pitocin.
18) How much did your child weigh? 8lbs, even.
19) Did your child have any complications? Nope.
20) What did you name him? Maxwell Patrick
21) How old is your first born today? Almost 12! Yikes!!
So there ya go, lots of facts about the start of "the kid".
Miss those days of no talking back, but not the diapers.
Noel and somebody else....Who was it???, also tagged me to name 7 random things about myself and I have done this many times before, so I had to look back to make sure I didn't repeat myself.
1. I have an old school Schwinn bicycle with rims and all, I just need the perfect vintage basket for the front and I am a ringer for the wicked witch of the west.
2. Hallmark commercials at Xmas time make me cry, especially the teacher ones.
3. Saw 1408 over the weekend and I liked it. (john cusack is my secret boyfriend)
4. Dreamt last week that someone called me and asked if I would like to work at the Scrapbook helpline. I would have to answer calls from people with crafting questions and answer them....kinda like a crafty Time Life operator.
5. I hate Butterfingers and Cheetos.
6. Bought Guitar Hero 3 last week and I play with the kid, but only a little because it is murder on my carpal tunnel.
7. Made a GIANT pot of Chicken Noodle Soup yesterday and want a bowl right now!
So, there ya have it.
More useless information about me.
I do find it funny though when I read some randomness about other bloggers and think to myself...I thought I was the only one who liked that.
So, if you haven't posted a little bit about yourself on your blog in a while, only showing off all your amazing skillz, why not add a little YOU to the blog this week.