Glad you asked...
So, even though it is looking like I am not getting very much done these days, it couldn’t be further from the truth. I have been cooking up some class ideas for the past couple weeks and part of that process includes me actually making the projects, tweaking the projects, creating supply lists and writing out the steps. Everyone that knows me, knows that I am meticulous about creating and developing ideas. I carefully review and evaluate what will work, what won’t and what people want to create. With paper crafts being as popular as they are right now, what is hot can change in an instant, so it is hard to figure out what people want to learn or what they are hoping to create.
Also, I am trying to get the Stampin’Up Business going before the new catalog is released on July 1st. It is a busy time for SU, stamps retiring, new colors and tons of new stamps. The only solid plan I have right now is a new Technique Club that will be starting in the fall, which will give the opportunity to learn 5 to 7 new techniques every month for free with book and each member will get to be the “hostess” one time. Great opportunity to learn new stamping techniques and get stamps. Plus, perhaps my two circles may intersect and new friendships will be formed. Very exciting!
As of right now, I am offering 5 basic classes. These classes are available in your home or mine, with a minimum of 5 people. I tried to vary the classes, so that there is something for everyone:
1. Card Crazy – Come and make 15 different cards using all kinds of paper crafting techniques. This is the best of both worlds, scrapbooking and stamping. Just bring scissors and your favorite adhesive. $12
2. Paper Bag Album – You’ve seen them on all the popular websites and now you can learn how easy it is to make them. I’ll provide the bags, you just bring a paper trimmer, scissors and adhesive. $15
3. Tin Album – We will be making a CD tin album using Basic Grey papers. $12
4. Message Center – Saw these on 2peas and fell in love! Using an acrylic frame, we will be making a wipe off message board that can be hung or add magnets to display on the fridge. Useful and crafty! $20
5. Quick Cards – We will be making only 5 cards, very simple and fast. Learn great techniques that can be put to the test when you need a card quick! $5
When thinking about classes, I wanted to make sure there were fresh ideas that have not been overdone, yet. I also wanted there to be quick and cheaper classes for those that are just beginning. I am working on pictures of each of the products as well, so there is a point of reference when deciding which classes to choose. As always, if you would like to host a SU workshop and earn free stamps, just drop me a line. Especially with all the new stuff coming, this is a great time to do it and I bring two projects to you at no charge.
I also have classes in the works for the Park Ridge Park District and they will be available in the fall. I’m looking forward to this opportunity to meet new people and share my passion or as some may say start new addictions.
I really appreciate all the encouragement I have received from family and friends regarding this new venture. I have missed being able to chat about scrapbooking weekly and teaching the classes. Luckily, this will give me the chance to get back into the “biz” and do it the spazz way!! Please drop me a line if you have any ideas, suggestions or comments for me, I would love to hear them!!
Friday, June 17
Glad you asked...