So, I am official in the very last phase of my days at the big A. Tonight, I worked my very last Wednesday night shift and it was quite wonderful. Wonderful to know that next Wednesday there will be no rushing around, no craziness.... In fact, I am going to just sit and rest while Max is at soccer next week. I am going to enjoy the lack of the second job. My last two shifts are this weekend and I have to say that even though I am feeling tremendous relief knowing that I won't have to do it anymore, I am still gonna miss my girls so much. I am going to miss them to pieces. Also, being the Mac Gyver of the Scrapbooking world was super fun! I loved helping people with there projects. I loved hearing, "Oh you are so good at this." It made me want to scrapbook more. So, although it is with a sense of relief that I am leaving, it is also with a sense of sadness.
There are such "characters" that work at the store. They amuse me with their stories and some are such a sort of comfort that I will greatly miss just the way they greet me. (Shirley, I will miss the "Hi Sweetie" and big hug that I get every time I see you!!!!!) I will miss complaining with my best bud, Carol. I will miss the way that Laurie can complain about a person with a shitass grin on her face. That really kills me! I never thought that I would get so attached to working at a retail store, just because of the people.
The things I will not miss:
- Cleaning Bathrooms. I don't like to do this at home.
- Vacuuming. I can count on one hand the number of times I have worked and not done it.
- Mean people. Yes, even scrapbookers can be mean from time to time.
- The hours. I will be so happy just working one job again.
- Dressing Up. This will make me want to look nice on my own time!
- The lack of men! I have had it with all women environments!!!
Big kiss for my gal pals!!
So, the one thing I hope to come out of this ...... I will keep my friends and my sanity!