Every Monday, I will be trying to keep up with the meme challenge posted on 2peas messageboard. In case you don't know what a meme is, here is your quick explanation as outlined on the board:
a meme n (mëm): is an idea that is shared and passed from blog to blog, like a question posted in one blog and answered in many other blogs.
So, each week, this nice gal posts a new assignment. If you want to see the thread, it is HERE. Last week's challenge was to create art, which I did! And this week is a doozie! She got it from Ten on Tuesday.
10 Stupid Things I Did As A Kid (in no particular order)
- Sun In - turning my hair a gorgeous sunkissed orange.
- Dressing like a boy during my cute years. I didn't wear anything girlie for about 5 years there. (1979-1983ish) Those were the years I looked the best, why did I insist on being a tomboy???
- Quit dance classes. Stupid peer pressure. I was so embarassed that I took Tap classes, that I quit. I coulda been in Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funk.
- Perm in 1984...the year of the afro, enough said.
- I never tried my hardest at school. I could've done so much better, but I never really exerted any energy because I always got by and didn't have to try at it.
- Procrastination. Oh wait, I still do that one.
- Made my first scrapbook all about Michael Jackson. I can't really show that one around now, can I?
- I hated having my picture taken (still do) anad unfortunately there are a lot of years in there where I have no pictures of myself. Learn from me people.
- When I was very little, I insisted that the words for "Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee" went like this: Bringing home a baby bumblebee, won't my mommy peas a potamie. Now, I know it doesn't even make sense, but when my future stepmom tried to correct me, I not only insisted but got angry at her as well. Duh!! Man, am I stubborn.
- Used to play church as well as school and insisted that my poor cousins (and my sister) do actual school work... Fun, huh?
Yes, that is me on the left. Look at those legs! What was I thinking with those socks?